Sleep
The God Awful Truth
I sleep in some of the strangest places but none stranger than falling asleep in my best friends bathroom last night. Yep, I was psuedo-sitting. That's a term I just made up cause I wasn't babysitting but I was helping their 3 1/2 year old with his bath. I love kids but they can definitely wear you out. I've been on the road for 2 weeks and was too busy to stop and visit with them before I left on my road trip so I hadn't seen them in about 3 - 3 1/2 weeks and their kids love me. Go-figure, I dont know what it is about me and kids, but it seems they all love me.
Anyways, I call him up and tell him I'll stop by after work and visit with them for a while. My original plan was to hang out till about 8:30 so I could get home in time to see 24. I CAN NOT miss this show, it's that good. Well as always, work gets in the way and I was running a little late so my cell phone rings and it's Siham and Joshua. Joshua asks "Where are you?" and I tell him I'm at work but I'll be there soon. He tells me "We're gonna go get Ice Cream" and I say um ok. So I finally make it over to the house and he comes bounding to the door and wraps himself around my legs as I come in the door. It reminds me a lot of when I see Shawn after a long absence. Of course, in that case it's usually cause his mom's in one of her irrational fits again where anything I do is somehow bad for the kids and thus I dont deserve to see them. Which is usually code for I've pissed her off so she uses the kids to hurt me. But I digress, back to happier themes. I get to play with Eva too, she's getting so big. She's 5 months now and is making all kinds of cooey noises and grabbing things and trying to gum everything in site.
Ice cream was good though we felt really bad because it was a free Ice Cream social for the Make A Wish Foundation and I'd forgotten to bring my wallet and Siham only had some change in her purse. Joshua couldn't care less though, he's 3 lol, he was happy to get some ice cream cake but we did drop all the change we had in the bucket. I think the ice cream had him hopped up, (Duh, right?). When we got back to the house he was running around like Superman on a caffiene binge and I was trying to keep up with him and entertain his sister at the same time. The neighbor came over with her daughter and her and Joshua played a little bit but he is very protective of me so it became a little game of me me , no me me. It was fun, I love the sound of kids in the house. Too bad they grow up lol. The neighbors daughter didn't want to leave, she was too cute. But alas it was getting closer to Joshua's bedtime.
Now normally when I spend time with him, I'll read him a few bedtime stories and help put him to sleep but usually, I get through one story and then he puts me to sleep and his mom has to come in and force him to goto bed. That was pretty much the case again last night although he needed a bath before bedtime so while his mom was cleaning up the house and taking care of other things getting ready for her husband to come home, I ran a bath for him and put all of this toys in the tub. Batman is not allowed to swim for some reason as everytime I turned on his little propeller I got a stern admonishment and he turned it back off. I also learned that The Flash is faster than Superman , something that took calling in an outside judge of mom to decide. Since we'd been watching School House Rock in the van on the way to and from the Ice Cream Shoppe, I started singing the 5 song, you know 5, 10 , 15 , 20 etc and getting him to sing along with me. After we tired of that, I started playing with the toys especially Batman cause he splashes and that was too much fun. Joshua said Batman couldn't play though and pretty much any other toy I picked up was supposed to be going nite nite. I finally decided to let him play till he was finished and ready to get out and go to sleep. I slid up next to the toilet closed the lid and leaned up against it and fell asleep. And that's where mom found me and sent me to a well needed rest in one of the guestrooms.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home