A how do you know?
I was looking at the wonderful pictures of Glow and her pals on the blogs and at the other place. I'm guessing someone (hope it wasn't me ;-) ) said something about it being a peep meet and she emphasized that it was a meeting of friends for her wedding reception. I whole heartedly agree but it raises the question?
How does one go from online peep to friend?
I have many online peeps that have become very near and dear friends, many whom I'm never even met IRL but know that I could call or email anytime if I needed a shoulder or advice or any of a number of other things. I'd also like to think that I've become that to a good number of people too though friendship, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not beerholder Knockers ;-).
I'd just like to take this time to send a big .{{ hug }} .and .*smooch*. to all of my online friends that have also become very real friends even if we haven't had the opportunity to be in the physical presence of one another.

10 Comments:
*smooch*
You are definitely a friend, not just an online peep that I know. You've proven that to me over and over again.
*smooch*
Nobody really said anything, I don't think. I was having a moment of bitchiness. That's not really uncommon for me. *grin*
MM ~ you are definitely one of my very bestest friends and I am so happy that we've gotten to know each other.
Glowpoke ~ I hate that we haven't had the chance to meet yet but I'm hoping that in one of my many trips between here and WVA, we'll finally get that chance. And you know? It's your party and you can bitch if you want to ;-)
*smooches* to both of you
Yes. We'll definitely have to meet up sometime. *smooch*
oh! And can I link your blog?
Thanks Glowpoke, I can't wait until we all get to meet and of course you and Tabitha are welcome to link me.
If you like Tab, you can just change your link from my journal since I rarely update that.
*smooches*
Good idea. I'll do that.
*smooch*
You are a great friend... and I'm glad that you're in my life.
How does one go from online peep to friend?
I think that when things go from just responding to each other in threads and when it becomes more personal is when people become friends. there are also different levels of friendships. I consider the people who visit my blog to be my friends. And I have different levels of friendships with those people.
I guess it's just up to each person to decide when they consider someone to be their friend and not just some randome message board poster who we interact with.
*smooch*
I'm also pretty slow on the whole checking my own blog among many others..lol
Laura, you are most definitely a true friend and I'm glad to know you as well.
Carey ~ we've only begun to get to know each other but I'm glad to have met you as well and it was really sweet getting to acutally meet you in person last month.
Post a Comment
<< Home