Smut ?? Maybe
This was a relatively good week, minor parental mishaps notwithstanding. One of my best friends S from college was in town for work and drove down with his wife and two babies. It was the first time that we all got to see the new baby who was just born last month. She's adorable btw. By now I hope that you're hoping that this has absolutely zero to do with the Smut in the title *giggle*. It most definitely does not.
BUT the question at large came to me during this visit. We're a bunch of exciting young peeps. Whenever I get together with my college buddies, we go out for nights of wild binge drinking with strippers and the occasional hooker. NOT. Ok, just about all of my friends have kids and most of them under the age of 4 so it's usually more like sit around talk about the old times and what's going on these days and watch the kids play. Come on, you know you'd rather do that than see strippers anyday ~grin~.
So by now, you're probably wondering if this post has anything to do with smut at all? Ok, here is the smut question and see if you've read this far I probably tricked you. The title was Smut Question Maybe hehe, not maybe smutty post..gotcha MM. One of S's favorite pasttimes is downloading porn or copying porn and I imagine that's a standard for us guys. What can we say, we love porn. Now all the wives have known us since we were in college and knew we loved porn back then and I'm guessing they dont think that we just all of sudden lost total interest in porn when they met or got married or whatever. So why do you think it is, that we guys tend to hide our porn from our wives? So S brought down about 200 movies (not all porn, porn was 1% or less) and we spent the evenings talking about the kids, watching the kids and copying "movies". We were all very secretive when copying the porn like it was a national secret and we'd be hung for treason if caught. I didn't think much of it till I was dropping off a few copies I made last night in J's mailbox so he could pick them up on his way home. I called S because he was also on the way to J's house and told him to make sure he picked them up in case he got there first so J's wife wouldn't go check the mail and find a bag-o-porn instead. We cracked some jokes about it being a federal offense to open someone elses mail and so on and as I was driving back home, this post came to me.
As I said, I dont think it's a secret to any of the wives that we guys like porn and we probably have some and share with each other. So why do we men tend to be so secretive when it comes to hiding our porn collection from our wives. Since there are more women than men that blog and read blogs, I'm curious to hear what the women think.

13 Comments:
Make a deal with ya...You don't hide your porn from me, and I won't hide mine from you. ~grin~
Possibly, you're afraid that we'll find it and then hide it from you to keep for ourselves! Lord knows I did this to my college boyfriend on a regular basis.
When DH and moved in together, he had ZERO porn. Me? I had enough to keep us busy for quite a while. *smirk*
Ummmmmmmm my question is why are men with wives & gf's watching porn by themselves?
Hmmm. Are you suggesting that *my* DH likes porn? I think not! *grin*
Just a guess because I really have no clue, but could it be that you guys have a little bit of a guilty feeling about the porn in some way?
Also, if that is true, is the guilt because that is something that is inherent in the way guys think or do you think our sexually conservative American society has kind of imposed this type of feeling on people?
I know DH has some porn, but he has it stashed away. It doesn't bother me that he has it, but once when he realized he left a tape in the VCR, he got all freaked out and grabbed it to stash it away. I never even said anything about it either. *shrug*
AHA! Maybe it's because guys are embarrassed if we find out they masterbate? I mean, I know that's what he was doing, but he may have had a feeling I would be upset about it.
Oh geez, Nutz came in here and mananged to *unsmut* your blog with all that deep thinking! Kick her out! Hurry!
Wow , an interesting range of responses. As a guy, I still couldn't really give an answer that I believe would explain our penchant for porn. Nutz is right in a way that society has deemed it a closet activity so we feel the need to hide it and dont want our wives or girlfriends to know what deviants we really are. Only some of us have very open communications and our gf's or wives not only know about it but love to watch it with us. ~grin
This is a very interesting question. My ex would hide his porn from me. He would never watch it with me. He always said he would get some that we could watch together, but he never did.
Part of the reason he hid it was because we really could not afford for him to be buying it. Because he kept it a secret, and kept buying it when we could barely pay rent, I started throwing it away everytime I found it.
DH has a few porn movies in his dresser. I know they are there, I'm sure he watches them, and it's pretty much a joke. The only reason I ensure they are hidden is because of two little Rottens. Otherwise, I doubt very seriously they would be hidden. They sure weren't when he was single. *grin*
My DH doesn't have any porn movies because stuff like that your kids always find. Always.
He has maybe 5 or 6 favorite porn websites bookmarked, a couple of them pretty hard core stuff. He has them saved under boring names in his 'Taxes' folder. I don't think the kids have the slightest interest in taxes and they rarely use this computer.
I don't mind at all that he goes to those sites because guess who is the only woman here and who benefits from all this valuable stimulation? *snaps her panties* That's right - moi.
Forgot to say, Hi CSTL! I don't think I have posted on your blog before!
Hi Swami...it's awesome to have you hear. I barely post on my blog so I'm always surprised when others stop by.
DH has porn! I have absolutely no problem with it. I think when it becomes an obsession then that is the problem.
My porn is MM's blog.
Post a Comment
<< Home