That time again
No No No, not THAT time again, just time for an update.
Thankfully today will be a slow day at the office as most of our customers are off for the King Holiday. Interesting thing about my work experience. I've never worked at a company that took the King Holiday off. I'm not sure what to make of that. I dont suppose it's a big deal cause we do get Presidents Day off and there are a lot of companies that I'm sure dont take that holiday.
It just makes me wonder a little about Holidays and not the Christmas' or Fourth of July's or Memorial Days, you know the ones everyone gets off every year. It makes me wonder about the other holidays that some get off and others dont. Now the government gets every holiday known to man but I just wonder what the thought process is on how a company decides who's birthday or what milestone holiday is worth giving it's employees.
Just something to chew on today.

2 Comments:
I have never worked at a company that gave MLK day off. Two companies I worked for let you use it for a religious day. I do know several people that do in fact go to church on this day. We did get Presidents dAy off.
The US holiday system gets me mad. Our country gets the least amount of vacation and holidays around. European countries get so much more vacation time.
I used to work in Direct Mail and we would not even get the postal holidays off other than july 4, labor and memorial day.
An update? *faints*
Just teasin' you. As a stay at home mom, the holidays don't mean as much to me, to be honest.
*smooch*
Post a Comment
<< Home