The God Awful Truth

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday, March 19, 2006

DarthKiddies

Well I'd hoped to post pictures of my Best Friends kids all decked out in their Star Wars apparel. Instead Blogger doesn't like me and wont let me *pout*

Update since blogger is blogpooping my photos I listened to the always smaht cq and posted them to flickr. I'd have used photobucket but I already had a flickr account.







Speaking of pouting, have you ever been over at a married friends house when they have an argument? What do you do? Do you bail? Find any excuse to get out and away?
How about if you're trapped in a Van with the kids about to goto to the store with mom, when the argument happens and next thing you know, you're in the car with dad and the kids going bike riding when you know it's too cold outside? What do I do? I play with the kids and pretend I dont notice anything. These are my best friends so of course I never take sides and I'm never asked to. We just pretend like it didn't happen.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lasann said...

I never butt in during such situations. I also never give advice if not directly asked (IRL). But my best friends always try to neuturalize the situation.

Distracting the kiddies is a good idea also because kids always feel bad when in that situation. Once when my brother and his x were raging mad I took the kids to the other side of the house to distract them. Did I mention that my neices and nephews love me? When my crazy x-sil was ruining Thanksgiving dinner making the kids eat everything on their plates (do this at home fine, ruining my Thanksgiving with your loud rants - bad) I scrapped it on mine when she wasn't looking.

8:55 AM  
Blogger mm said...

I like the idea of distracting the kids, too. That was a good move.If it doesn't happen often, the best thing to do is pretend you didn't see or hear anything.

*smooch*

Keep trying to get the pics posted!

1:30 PM  
Blogger cq said...

yeah playing with the kids is good... i don't know. i think it's so hellarude to argue with friends around. guh. if it happens a lot, i would say something. something like 'maybe you can pretend to get along while i'm here, jerks.'

as for your pic problem... might i suggest you try uploading to RTVW and then posting here? or you can try using http://www.photobucket.com (it's free).

3:38 PM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

Well at one point I knew how to add photos from flickr to the page so they showed up but apparently I'm too stupid to figure it out again so the links are there. Hope they work.

With regards to my friends..the kids never really see them argue so they're probably more confused than anything but the old was wondering where mommy was going when we did the car switcharoo thing. It was just one of those semi-uncomfortable situations cause you want to say something to ease the tension but if you do, you know you'll be defacto taking sides.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Profile

Links

  • Syren
  • You got to see the baaaby
  • Laura
  • Description

    This is me for better or for worse. A lot of times for worse...lol. I mostly ramble here but every once in a while I might slip and say something profound. Just dont count on it..hehe.

    Archives

    January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 May 2008 July 2008

    Powered By