The God Awful Truth

 

 

 

 

 

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My New Diet

Well it's not really a diet but I expect to lose some weight this summer and upcoming year and probably next years to come. The secret to my impending weight loss??? Fatherhood.

If your exercise regimen is lacking a bit, all you have to do is marry a beautiful lady with a 7 y/o that thinks you have the power of TheMask. You know, endless energy to ride bikes, play lightsabers, go rollerblading and then figure out what to do in the next 30 minutes after that. It's actually good though because he's definitely helping me stay in a bit better shape than before. We're also starting to meet the neighbors, three years after I moved into the house. Funny how kids force parents to actually leave the house once in a while and meet people.

All in all, I'll try to keep up with him as best I can and we'll see how much weight I lose this summer. My starting weight is 209. I know because I had to go to the doc last week and get a shot in the ass to combat my sinuses. It worked but I still hate needles.

8 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Kids have endless energy. I wish they'd share it with us adults sometimes.

Glad you're finally meeting the neighbors. They've probably been wondering who the weirdo that lives in that house is. LOL! *grin*

I hate needles. *shudder*

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

And don't forget the baby you'll soon have. He'll make you run in circles too! Good luck! *smooch*

PS- Have you guys picked a name yet?

11:44 AM  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I know, I'm so worn out after babysitting my nephews. I think boys are especially busy.

Yeah, you'll probably favor sleep over food when the baby comes, so that will also help!

1:20 PM  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

nutz ~ I liked to be considered the hermit up the street

jen ~ his name is going to be James Ross

kim ~ you're probably right but I'm still looking forward to it.

*smooches* to all

1:31 PM  
Blogger cq said...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? my baby is going to be james. i mean, my next baby. that hasn't been conceived yet. and has a 50% chance of being a girl. alex was going to be james if she were a boy, so we figure we'll just recycle the name. well, J figures. i'm not sure how i feel about that. i think a unique boy/girl name pair ought to be chosen for each baby. but, i'm kind of crazy sometimes.

anyway... my stepson makes us run. he's only here 2 days a week, so i can only imagine how crazy it's going to be when alex starts running around *and* will is here. LOL

8:52 PM  
Blogger Puffy said...

You're lucky because lots of men gain weight when the woman is expecting a baby.

The name you've chosen is a nice strong name. I like it.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Syren said...

Thank you Puffy, it's kind of a tribute to both of our fathers. His is James, and my dads middle name is Ross.

7:41 AM  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I love it! A great name for baby Syren.

James Ross Syren! Sounds perfect, right? *grin*

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Profile

Links

  • Syren
  • You got to see the baaaby
  • Laura
  • Description

    This is me for better or for worse. A lot of times for worse...lol. I mostly ramble here but every once in a while I might slip and say something profound. Just dont count on it..hehe.

    Archives

    January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 April 2005 May 2005 June 2005 July 2005 August 2005 September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 January 2008 May 2008 July 2008

    Powered By